Saturday, August 27, 2011

Okay, so I apologize, I haven't updated in a little while now. I have been very busy with training the last couple of weeks. I also just got a new full time job. I took yesterday and today off. Now that I have a 45 hour work week, I have to put together a new training routine that I can follow without burning myself out. I will certainly still be putting in as much time as I can. My goal is still the same and I am still hellbent on getting there. I do need a job though, I am in a very difficult financial situation and I am dealing with it. I'm excited for my job, I am the training assistant manager at the la fitness in my home town. I am excited and I'm excited to continue training. I am still working my brazilian jiu jitsu and my muay thai. I do want to venture into wrestling and get a couple of classes in, as this is super important in mma. I have been doing a lot of lifting and running and I am pleased to say that I am moving along quite well. The gym looks incredible, our cage is completely finished, things are really awesome over there. I've been working a lot in muay thai as well with trainer and coach, Anthony Demaio. I am also excited to announce to all of you that I will be competing December 10th 2011 at the Grapplers Quest championships in Asbury Park, New Jersey. I am super excited and I can't wait to get in there and compete! Anyway, it's great to finally get a good update going again for you guys, I apologize for the delay! Of course as always I'd like to thank each and every one of you who takes the time to check out my blog, twitter, or facebook, it really means a lot and I am glad to have your support! Thanks so much!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nikki stay motivated. It's hard to do when you have so many different things you need to do. You remember the story about the guru... So there's this kid right and he wants to be a fighter but not just any fighter he wants to be the champion... He wants to be the best fighter in the world. So he seeks out this trainer a real old man who's trained many of the top fighters in the world. He tells this guru "I want to be a fighter... I want to be successful, I want to be the best fighter in the world!" the old man look at the young athlete and says "ok I'll teach you how to succeed in the fighting world. Meet me on the beach at 430 in the morning." The next morning the kid is at the beach at 4am he so excited. He has all his fight gear with him head gear, boxing gloves, shin pads, he even has on a rash guard and some fight shorts... He looks out in to the water and he sees the guru out in the ocean yelling for him to come in. The guru says "come into the water it ain't that cold" the kid walks out into the water he's about knee deep the guru walks out a little deeper and tells the kid "come deeper" the kid looks at the guru and walks in a little deeper. The kid thinks this guru is whacked out of his mind "I thought I was going to learn how to be successful" says the kid. The guru walks out a little more and now the water is up to his chest tells the kid the same thing. The kid is thinking man I'm about to get out of here. "I didn't come out here to be a life guard I came out her because I wanted to be the best at fighting, I want to be successful" the guru pays walks out into the ocean some more. Now the water is up to his chin he tells the kid come out a little more. The kid comes out some more and as hes about to turn around and head back to shore the guru grabs this kid and holds him under water. He's splashing hes breathing in water, his hands are flurring around like crazy... And right before the kid is about to pass out the guru lifts his head out of the water like god resurrected Jesus from his grave. The guru says "Son let me ask you a question!" do you want to succeed?" the kid is still in shock and awe and is trying to process all that just happened. The guru say again "son do you want to succeed!?! Do you want to be the best fighter in the world?!!!!. Because many people say they want to succeed but they don't want to be the best." the kid is still spitting out water trying to breath in the sweet air he was deprived of just a moment before. The guru tells the kid"when you want to succeed as badly as you want to breath only then will be successful! Only then will you be the best in the world." he said son let me ask you a question "what were you thinking when I held you u see like that?" the kid still trying to catch his breath " old man your fucking crazy! I'm out here!" the old man repeated the question. "what do you think" said the kid. "all I could think about was trying to get some air, trying to breath" the old man said "exactly. Nothing else matters at that point. Not party's, not girl friends, not the Sunday night football game, nothing. The only thing that mattered was that you wanted to breath and when you want to succeed as badly as you want to breath you will be successful" Just keep that in mind Nikki.

    ReplyDelete